Girl Scout Cookies are a beloved treat that many of us have fond memories of eating. Unfortunately, these classic cookies are not vegan-friendly, as they contain dairy and eggs. But don’t despair! With a few simple swaps, you can make your own vegan-friendly version of the classic Girl Scout cookies. In this guide, we will show you how to make vegan Girl Scout cookies that are just as delicious as the original.
What You Need to Make Vegan Girl Scout Cookies
Making vegan Girl Scout cookies is surprisingly easy. You will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
How to Make Vegan Girl Scout Cookies
Making vegan Girl Scout cookies is a simple and straightforward process. Here’s what you need to do:
Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until they are fully combined.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until everything is fully incorporated.
Fold in the vegan chocolate chips.
Scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet in 1-2 tablespoon portions.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
Allow the cookies to cool before serving.
Tips for Making the Perfect Vegan Girl Scout Cookies
- Make sure your vegan butter is completely melted before adding it to the wet ingredients.
- Use a cookie scoop to ensure all of your cookies are the same size.
- If you want a softer cookie, bake for fewer minutes. If you prefer a crispier cookie, bake for a few minutes longer.
- If you want to add extra flavor, try adding a teaspoon of cinnamon or a pinch of nutmeg to the cookie dough.
- For an extra indulgent treat, try dipping the cookies in vegan chocolate or sprinkling them with vegan marshmallows.
Storing and Freezing Vegan Girl Scout Cookies
Vegan Girl Scout cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. If you want them to last longer, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Vegan Girl Scout cookies can also be frozen for up to 3 months. To freeze them, place the cookies in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag and store them in the freezer. When you’re ready to eat them, simply thaw them at room temperature.
Enjoy Your Vegan Girl Scout Cookies
Vegan Girl Scout cookies are a delicious and easy-to-make treat that everyone can enjoy. With just a few simple swaps, you can make a vegan-friendly version of the classic Girl Scout cookies. So, grab your ingredients and get baking!